The Dog Inn
Ludham Bridge, Norfolk, NR29 5NY
Ludham Bridge/Ludham

From the Moorings at Ludham Bridge Walk up road past the general store towards Ludham The Dog is about 5 mins on the right
From the Moorings at Ludham (Womack water) walk up the lane to main road, turn left go through village and follow road to the Dog about 15 mins

Childrens play area
Function Room
Camping/Caravan
Parking
Food
Real Ales
Pool & Darts
TV

Website

Award Winners
2008/2009/2010/2011/2012
Most Dog Friendly Pub

2009/2010
Most improved Business

2010/2011
Best Broadland pint

2011/2012
Best Music Venue

Runners-up Best Pub Grub
2010/2011/2012
Pub Guide
Mary Thaxter was buried in 1689 and was said to have lived at the `Dog House '
In October 1930 Landlady, Frances Elizabeth Geary was Fined £1 for "Selling out of hours".
A 1938 advertisement for the dog
"Ah! Here's the house the Yachtsmen cried, and soon the boys were all inside"
The pub sign erected in 1968 was based upon a cartoon character. The Dog became a freehouse in 1989.
For sale 9th September 1820, late in the occupation of John Harmer. Consisting of a kitchen, parlour, pantry, two chambers, store-house, and cellar, with yards, and piece of garden, and osier ground, containing half an acre and upwards, together with half an acre of arable land, and near three acres and a half of meadow and marsh ground - immediate possession.
Licensees:
JOHN HARMER         to 1820
-         
WILLIAM KING age 33 in 1851 & carrier         1846 -  1851
JAMES GAFFER & shopkeeper         1854 - 1858
SAMUEL BUNN         1861
Mrs CHARLOTTE BUNN ( Mrs Sarah Bunn 1877 ) 1865 - 1881
Mrs ANN BUNN         1883
GEORGE COX & boatman         1888 - 1892
THOMAS SMITH         1896 - 1908
WILLIAM GEORGE TEMPLE         1912
THOMAS CHARLES LONG         1916
....... ELLIS         1922
RICHARD BASIL GEARY         1925
FRANCES ELIZABETH GEARY         1929 to 1938
ALBERT HANNENT         10.01.1938
RONALD FREDERICK LESLIE WICKS         24.01.1938
PERCY EDGAR RUSH         01.05.1961
PETER JOHN BRANDISH         10.07.1961
ALBERT EDWARD BRANDISH         28.10.1963
JUDI & BRIAN JAMES LAWTON         08.12.1975
JOHN JAMES ANDREWS         03.11.1980
ALAN R. MONK         25.11.1985
          -
ADRIAN ILLINGWORTH         June 2002
LORRAINE CLINCH         by 2012
Brewery Owners
STEWARD & PATTESON         c1837-1851
WATNEY MANN           
BRENT WALKER           
WELLINGTON PUB COMPANY 1989-